Good Afternoon SHS Students and Families,
We are looking forward to opening our doors to you on September 2nd for the first day of school. We are still considering all COVID guidance and working to make this school year a success for all. More information about these specific details will be forthcoming.
I have a couple of updates for you, since my last notification. I have also included the previous information, in case you missed it:
1. Lockers are available for all students who would like to have one for their belongings during the school year. Students must provide their own combination lock. You can use this form to sign up for a locker once you have a combination lock. Your locker number will be provided to you on the first days of school.
2. If you are new to Stoughton and/or have not been assigned a Stoughton Chromebook, you are strongly encouraged to pick one up before school begins. Please contact Mrs. Louise Brauneis at email@example.com or (781) 344-7001 ext. 4109 to arrange a time to pick up a Chromebook.
3. Student schedules will be available online through PowerSchool on August 23, 2021. Students will be reporting to their Homebase on the first day of school at the start of school (7:35 am). Homebase room numbers can be found on your schedules in PowerSchool.
4. Tours of the high school building are offered on Wednesdays from 10:00 am - 1:00 pm (last tour goes out at 12:30). August 25th will be the last day tours are available. Students need only report to the main entrance during the tour times. They do not need to register ahead of time.
5. Students entering US History I at all levels (Pre AP, Honors and College), typically in 10th grade, have summer reading to do. Find information for the summer reading for this class here.
6. Additionally, the following other grades or classes have mandatory summer work; AP Biology, AP Chemistry, AP Government, AP US History II, AP Spanish, Honors Algebra II, English classes. This information along with suggested summer reading can be found here.
7. Former SHS English Teacher, Mrs. Rockwood, is available to assist SHS students with summer reading assignments at the Stoughton Public Library on the following dates/times: August 18th from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm, August 25th from 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm, and Sept. 1st from 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm. Students do not need to register; they can just show up at the Stoughton Public Library for assistance.
8. The high school departments have put together a suggested list of items students may need during the course of the school year. Having these supplies will be beneficial for students. You can find this suggested list of items here.
9. Parents and Guardians: please save the following dates (these events will likely be virtual to begin the year, but more information will be forthcoming)
a. Back to School Knight; September 22nd @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm (please note the date change)
b. Senior Parent and Guardian Night; September 29th @ TBD (please note the date change)
c. No School for Students on November 2nd (Full Professional Day for Teachers)
d. Parent/Guardian Teacher Conferences; November 17th @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
e. Science Fair and Knight of Excellence; March 9th @ TBD
f. Class of 2022 Scholarship Knight; May 22nd @ 4:00 pm
g. Class of 2022 Class Night; May 31 @ 6:30 pm
h. Graduation; June 2nd @ 5:30 pm
i. Last Day of School (if no snow days); June 14th*
j. Last Day of School (if 5 snow days); June 21st
*Final Exams are held in the last week of school. Students must be present for their final exam. Unexcused absences will result in a loss of credit on the final exam. Therefore, families should be mindful when scheduling during the last week of school, which will depend on the number of snow days. Please see the student handbook for the full attendance policy.
See you soon!